If you are humming and harring about whether to come or not - that's not a problem - there are many options to choose from:
1) 2 x Immersion + full festival pass (a total festival blow out, you will be exhausted and happy)
2) 1 x Immersion + full festival pass (a festival blow out, you will still be exhausted and happy)
3) Full festival pass (sensible and doable, you will be happy ;-))
4) One day pass (a taste of international teachers and a WOW performance, you will be happy)
5) Milongas only (4 nights of milongas, social dance and immerse yourself in the vibe, happy!!)
Ok that's my hard sell!
On to the weekend at hand...
This Sunday (today) we look at la pausa and what to do with it, when to use it and how to be comfortable using it. Recap also of the cute little giro we did last Sunday. Can you remember it?
See you at St John's at 5pm for class, doors open at 4.30 for a warm up dance. $15 for the class
Monday night and Wednesday night classes as usual next week...
THEN NEXT WEEK
We all get together for the Open level technique class on the following Sunday (17th June).
Doors will open at 4.30 for a 5pm start. $15 each
(except the Mon night Improvers and the Wed night Beginners who have already paid for this class)
Please bring a bite to share, some drinks and vessels to drink from!
We will welcome our very newest intake of beginners on the floor to dance with us for a couple of hours. Please all try to come as it is also going to be the farewell to the festival team who are heading over to fight the cold and blustering winds of wellie all in the name of tango!
I will play a quirky mix of trad and nuevo to get us in the party mood.. I may even bring out my new playlists that were going to released at the festival ;-)
OK tangueros - have a great weekend - see you Sunday, Monday and Wednesday.
Here is a great little demo from Cecilia and Somer who are dancing a tango, a vals and a milonga - check out the technique - gorgeous! (pssst they arrive in Wellington next Monday!)