Wednesday, March 28, 2012

THANK YOU!

Wow I feel like I have been to Tango heaven and back!

THANK YOU 

What an amazing Tango feast.  We had it all..... a weekend of fabulous music from our gorgeous Djs, awesome dancing, meeting new people and dancing with the oldies (as in more experienced!). We had sun, rain, sun and cloud, hot and cold. Sore feet and yummy treats.

A heartfelt thank you to our Djs, Nina (Wellington), Marion (Christchurch) and Maida (Auckland) who kept us moving the whole time.  Did you notice that there was never a tanda when the dance floor wasn't heaving?  This is no small feat from our Djs with their exceptional selection of tunes and for this I thank the three of you again and again!

Thank you to THE DANCERS - yes that is you- who gave so generously of your time and asked people you didn't know to dance, got beginners up on their feet and generally spread the tango love! It is wonderful to put on an event where people mix and mingle so well and want to ensure that everyone gets a dance and goes home exhausted, happy and raring to come again next year!

Of course I cannot do this alone, (although over the years I have been trying to cultivate Superwoman status) - Nicki, Sophie, Gavin, Juliette, Halfdan, Cheryl, Jeanneane, James, Rachel and Clare.... thanks for helping me keep it together and for all those last minute details that needed sorting.  You were fabulous.

Thank you to the Nelsonians who provided nibbles on Sunday and the Nelson bakers - Madeline your apple tart was scrumptious and Yvonne your lemony sweet treats were divine ...  I should know I had a few!

Photos will soon be on the Facebook page and on the Summer Tango in Nelson website - just give me a couple of days to get sorted ;-)

If you have piccs that you would like to submit please email me with them and I will put them up for you. Frank's are being posted to the Facebook page as I write.....

If you have access to Facebook please like our page Summer Tango in Nelson, tell your friends and I will send out info soon on the dates for next year so have plenty of time to add us to your dancing calendar and to book those grabaseats.

Below is a beautiful little clip from the Sunday afternoon Fellworth Milonga from Frank.

See you on the dance floor tangueros.

Cheers

A-M x



No comments:

Post a Comment